KUBU ISLAND LANDSCAPE & NIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY WORKSHOP
5 days / 4 nights
Your own camping gear required
Carl Smorenburg & Mark Dumbleton
DATE OF WORKSHOP
9 - 13 May 2018
8 spots remaining
Beautiful Baobab trees and rock formations
World-class night photography
Dramatic landscape photography
Learn new photographic skills
Tranquil endless horizons
Learn night photography techniques
Spend 5 days and 4 nights experiencing true tranquility, experiencing the mysterious characteristics of Kubu Island and photographing the nuances of a truly magical place. This Kubu Island workshop is lead by Carl Smorenburg and Mark Dumbleton. Together with their photographic experience and Mark's extensive knowledge of Kubu Island, this workshop will provide an unparalleled opportunity to capture dramatic imagery of the mysterious island in the heart of the Makgadikgadi Pans in Botswana. This workshop is designed for people with a passion for landscape and night photography.
During May in Botswana the temperatures are warm in the day, but can become cold during the night. We have a chance to encounter clouds during the trip which make for great sunrise and sunset sessions, but a big aim for the workshop is on night photography. During the 4 nights, we will have great opportunity to cover many aspects of night photography, including light painting, star trails and milky way photography.
This workshop is structured slightly different to other workshops. This workshop will cater for those looking to venture out into the Makgadikgadi Pans, but who may not be confident enough to do so. This workshop also caters for the those landscape photographers who love 4x4 and camping, with a sense of adventure.
Please familiarize yourself with the below criteria for this workshop.
INCLUDED IN THE COST
- Expert personal photographic instruction and guidance, advice on capture techniques, thoughts on composition and location scouting, informal post-processing chats and critique on captured photographs. We will share with you the most photogenic parts of Kubu Island, and if we are lucky enough that the pans are dry, we will attempt to reach South Island (a lesser known part of the pans).
- Free copy of Mark Dumbleton's Landscape Photograph Processing and Milky Way Photograph Development video tutorials.
- All accommodation fees.
- Firewood and firelighters for the 4 nights.
NOT INCLUDED IN THE COST
- Accommodation - you will be required to bring all of your own camping gear. We will share 2 campsites, and all camp together.
- Transport to and from Kubu Island in Botswana.
- All food and drinks.
- Battery charging setup (dual battery system in your vehicle).
- All drinking water - it is recommended to bring at least 10 liters per day for 2 people.
- Please bring braai grids.
The campsite is very rustic -